Re: Why most run Microsoft, not RedHat

Les <hlhowell@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> If I had ever told a customer to go to one of the subsystem manufacturers
> for assistance, I would have had a much smaller pay check for a much
> shorter period of time.

Off Topic: This reminds me of when I had a problem with my mobile phone at
work. I called our local tech support group responsible for phone issues,
but they couldn't fix my problem and blamed it on the phone network
operator, and suggested that I contact them for a resolution.

I contacted the network operator as I was told, but they couldn't fix it
either, and blamed it on a subcontractor for their switchboard
software. One or two days later, I get a phone call from a technician at
that software developer company, who started to explain the intricacies of
the protocol between two different switchboard components. Like I was
interested, I just wanted my phone to work the way I wanted to (more
specifically, I wanted the automatic number identification to work through
the switchboard at work, as my office phone extension was permanently
redirected to my mobile phone)

Regards
Ingemar