Re: Desktop Effects

On 23/04/07, Jan Welker <jan@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I'm using FC6 on my IBM T30. It works really well. If I switch on the
Desktop Effects everything works just fine. The cube, the transparency ...
but if I switch a window to full screen it looses it's border and it's title
bar. All I see is the content of the window and an white space, where the
title bar is supposed to be.
Any ideas?

Cheers, Jan

--
UNIX is user friendly, it's just picky about who it's friends are.

I could be wrong but the 'Enable Desktop Effect' on the gnome menu is Compiz?

http://knowledge76.com/index.php/XGL/Compiz_Nvidia_32bit

I bypassed that route and installed Beryl:

http://wiki.beryl-project.org/wiki/Main_Page
http://fedorasolved.org/video-solutions/beryl/?searchterm=beryl
http://wiki.beryl-project.org/wiki/Install_Beryl_on_Fedora_Core

Works like a charm

--
Moif Murphy

Brap.FM - Nominated Best Radio Station, Breakspoll 2007

http://www.brap.fm
http://www.brightonbreaks.co.uk
http://www.westrecords.co.uk
http://www.myspace.com/brightonbreaks