Re: Capture OOPS

Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

Seems I've asked this before, but I'll be darned if I can find the answer somewhere in my archives. I need to capture a kernel OOPS somehow. I've got a server that seems to be trigger happy and locking up/crashing once every 24 hours or so. The unfortunate thing is that I'm not there when it happens to look on the monitor and see if I can discern anything from there (usually one of the other guys come in before me and they simply hit the reset button because they don't understand the gibberish on screen anyway.) So, I need to figure out a way to capture that OOPS. Since it's not send to syslog, I can't send it to another machine for logging. What other methods are there of doing this? This machine doesn't have a serial link that I can link up to another either. So, anyone?

Is nothing showing up in the logs?  How about a crash file?

Now something I did around my children. I removed the jumper to the reset button inside the computer. Only the power button would work and I covered that with a piece of plastic glued on.

Worked like a dream.

As others stated, I would arrange my schedule to come in when this occurs. Hey, if you can get overtime, all the better for the pocket book. :)

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
   anything that is a priority, please phone.