Re: Burning a dual-layer disk

Tim wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 18:34 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> But, for what purpose would you use your DVD dual layer?  If it is for
>> making backups of video DVD's then it is over kill...IMHO.  I just use
>> dvdshrink and reduce to fit on a single layer DVD with no real
>> noticeable loss in quality.
>
> Subjective opinion.  Something that makes a 50% file size reduction does
> tend to have noticeable effects.

Of course it is subjective.  I suppose I should have said "I don't notice
any great loss in quality".  But then again, I spend more time concentrating
on the plot line.

The standard DVDs these days are populated with "extras" that I may watch
once.  When using dvdshrink one thing you can do is eliminate the "extras"
meaning what you really watch will have less than 50% file reduction.

> And, of course, that leaves the case of those who need to store 9 gigs
> of data onto *a* disc.

Don't you think that is the reason I only mentioned video DVDs?  Duh...

--
"They ought to make butt-flavored cat food."   --Gallagher