Re: Burning a dual-layer disk

Gene Heskett wrote:
>>> Where do we get in line to complain?
>> I wasn't complaining - just pointing out to those who are telling the OP
>> that he is using an outdated version that he is, in fact, using the most
>> recent FC6 version. And, as Todd Zullinger pointed out, it's not that
>> old.
>
> IMNSHO, dual layer stuff has been on the shelves for what, 18 months?, its
> past time we could use the drives we've already bought.

Maybe so....  But, for what purpose would you use your DVD dual layer?  If
it is for making backups of video DVD's then it is over kill...IMHO.  I just
use dvdshrink and reduce to fit on a single layer DVD with no real
noticeable loss in quality.  The cost of a single layer DVD is quite cheap.
 I've not even looked into what the cost of dual layer is since I've not had
the need for it.