Re: BIND Woes

On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 18:49 -0700, Mike Dwiggins wrote:
>  I am trying to set up a second server which is going to have Master
> Zones and Slave Zones so must be a full nameserver not a caching-nameserver.

It can be all three, at once...

> I did a complete virgin install of FC 6 and then did a
> yum install bind*
>
> I then went into /etc looking for named.conf,  all I could find was a
> caching-nameserver.conf.
>
> The caching-nameserver.conf contained a comment line that said to use
> system-config-bind to create a named.conf.
>
> A quick whatis system-config shows that there is no system-config-bind
> command in FC 6.

Install it, as well...  Or just make up your own named.conf file, by
hand, and have it "include" the other config file.

By the way, they're actually in /var/named/chroot/etc/ not just /etc/.
The /etc/ directory just has symlinks pointing to the files in the
chroot location.

If you go back through the list archive, you'll see some postings I've
made about this, this month.  They're in threads about BIND, or name
server.  The archive link is the URI below, in the list signature.  That
URI is not just for unsubscribing.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.