Re: Konqueror crashes in fc6, what do I do?

On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 05:36 -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> I started using konqueror because firefox took the cpu to 99% most of
> the time while reading yahoo mail.

Ah, okay.  I've seen that sort of thing with Firefox, too.  Moderately
complex pages seem to bring it to its knees.  Which can be due to
special CSS restyling of ordinary HTML elements, JavaScripting, Java,
Flash, or some animated GIFs.

There's any number of convoluted sites (e.g. Yahoo and some news sites)
that are less painful for Firefox to browse if you ignore the styles on
the page.  It doesn't seem very efficient at its rendering.

It's also very good at stalling, though without pegging the CPU usage,
while waiting for some things to load in.  You'll be stuck unable to
change tabs, or scroll the window, until a page finishes, or nearly
finishes, loading.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.