Re: Please Lawd! Not again!! <falls down weeping> xine broken all over again

At 07:45 on 11 Apr 2007, Rex Dieter <rdieter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Tuesday 10 April 2007, Ric Moore wrote:
> >> I get this again (same ole same ole)
>
> > I know the feeling, Ric.  Xine gave up on me a few weeks ago -
> > without warning.  It just refused to play my disks.
>
> You have reported these bugs/problems at
> http://bugzilla.redhat.com/
> against Fedora Extras/xine-lib right? :)

Oh no, it's much more fun to whinge and moan the "things don't work" on
the mailing lists that to put a bit of effort in, trace the source of
the problem and report a bug.

Then you can also throw in some random, unrelated annoyances (quite
what kde-control-center's dependency on gstreamer has to do with xine
working or otherwise I have no idea).

And finish up with a few paragraphs that make any sane reader realise
that you actually _don't_ want things to work, because then you would
have nothing to complain about.

--
Mark Knoop