Please Lawd! Not again!! <falls down weeping> xine broken all over again

I get this again (same ole same ole)

xine BYRDS_SO_YOU_WANT_TO_BE_A_ROCK_N__ROLL_STAR.flv
This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.99.4.
(c) 2000-2004 The xine Team.
Compiler did not align stack variables. Libavcodec has been miscompiled
and may be very slow or crash. This is not a bug in libavcodec,
but in the compiler. Do not report crashes to FFmpeg developers.

Someone shoot me and just end this never ending misery. When I try to
remove gstreamer using smart, it insists on removing the kde control
center as well. WTF? Hello?? I must have missed that one before, which
explains why I'm now missing so many menu entries. There are times when
Fedora and the repos has gone past the point of audience participation.
I sure hope an effort to remove the offending file forever is concerted
and to sin no more, so that we may all become reconciled and thusly
redeemed. <a benediction waved upon the masses>

A 22 to the head would be too small, just leaving me a drooler and a 45
too big, leaving nothing. Maybe a 38 would cleanly do the job?

p/s Yes, I would like to be a Rock N Roll Star! <grins> Maybe in my next
life.
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net