Re: Please Lawd! Not again!! <falls down weeping> xine broken all over again

On Tuesday 10 April 2007, Ric Moore wrote:
> I get this again (same ole same ole)
>
> xine BYRDS_SO_YOU_WANT_TO_BE_A_ROCK_N__ROLL_STAR.flv
> This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.99.4.
> (c) 2000-2004 The xine Team.
> Compiler did not align stack variables. Libavcodec has been miscompiled
> and may be very slow or crash. This is not a bug in libavcodec,
> but in the compiler. Do not report crashes to FFmpeg developers.
>
> Someone shoot me and just end this never ending misery. When I try to
> remove gstreamer using smart, it insists on removing the kde control
> center as well. WTF? Hello?? I must have missed that one before, which
> explains why I'm now missing so many menu entries. There are times when
> Fedora and the repos has gone past the point of audience participation.
> I sure hope an effort to remove the offending file forever is concerted
> and to sin no more, so that we may all become reconciled and thusly
> redeemed. <a benediction waved upon the masses>
>
> A 22 to the head would be too small, just leaving me a drooler and a 45
> too big, leaving nothing. Maybe a 38 would cleanly do the job?
>
> p/s Yes, I would like to be a Rock N Roll Star! <grins> Maybe in my next
> life.
> --
I know the feeling, Ric.  Xine gave up on me a few weeks ago - without
warning.  It just refused to play my disks.  Mplayer gave up at the same
time.  I never did get xine running again, but a livna update a couple of
days ago got mplayer working again.  Misery indeed.  I've been relying on my
Mandriva laptop for video burn testing for weeks.  Fortunately, theirs
doesn't seem to get constantly broken like this.

Anne