Re: Keyboard question

On Wednesday 11 April 2007, Khoa Ton wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings all;
>>
>> I just bought and installed one of those Saitek illuminated keyboards,
>> and it shows up in dmesg as:
>>
>> usb 3-3.3: new low speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 10
>> usb 3-3.3: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
>> input: Chicony Saitek Eclipse II Keyboard as /class/input/input5
>> input: USB HID v1.11 Keyboard [Chicony Saitek Eclipse II Keyboard] on
>> usb-0000:00:02.2-3.3
>> input: Chicony Saitek Eclipse II Keyboard as /class/input/input6
>> input,hiddev96: USB HID v1.11 Device [Chicony Saitek Eclipse II
>> Keyboard] on usb-0000:00:02.2-3.3
>>
>> The default background illumination is blue, but it apparently takes a
>> winderz utility of some kind to make it switch to green or red.  Is
>> there such a utility for linux yet?  I just checked the KDE control
>> panel and it knows nothing about this.
>
>I have this keyboard running with a USB KVM switch connected to a
> Windows Vista and FC5 computers.  Works great, nice feel, and the
> lighting really helps in the dark.  I didn't know that you can control
> the illumination in software, and wouldn't want to add more always on
> utilities in Windows to do so anyway.  The illumination can be manually
> changed with a rocker switch in the upper right corner of the keyboard.
> It's labeled with a half white half black circle, to the right of the
> mute icon.  You can also use the light bulb knob located in the same
> vicinity to control the illumination intensity.
>
>Also, the different illuminations are are dark, blue, red, and
> blue+red=purple.
> http://techgage.com/article/saitek_eclipse_ii_illuminated_keyboard/
>
>Khoa

Thanks.  I'd managed to find that button after someone else said there
might be one, so I feel sorta stupid.  That's not what I'd call 'clearly
marked', but when I got around to looking at the booklet again, it did
have a pointer to it, but I must have assumed it was pointing at the
brightness knob or something equally dumb.  One of those 'Duh' moments...

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)