Re: Keyboard question

Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings all;

I just bought and installed one of those Saitek illuminated keyboards, and it shows up in dmesg as:

usb 3-3.3: new low speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 10
usb 3-3.3: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
input: Chicony Saitek Eclipse II Keyboard as /class/input/input5
input: USB HID v1.11 Keyboard [Chicony Saitek Eclipse II Keyboard] on usb-0000:00:02.2-3.3
input: Chicony Saitek Eclipse II Keyboard as /class/input/input6
input,hiddev96: USB HID v1.11 Device [Chicony Saitek Eclipse II Keyboard] on usb-0000:00:02.2-3.3

The default background illumination is blue, but it apparently takes a winderz utility of some kind to make it switch to green or red. Is there such a utility for linux yet? I just checked the KDE control panel and it knows nothing about this.

I have this keyboard running with a USB KVM switch connected to a Windows
Vista and FC5 computers.  Works great, nice feel, and the lighting really
helps in the dark.  I didn't know that you can control the illumination
in software, and wouldn't want to add more always on utilities in Windows
to do so anyway.  The illumination can be manually changed with a rocker
switch in the upper right corner of the keyboard. It's labeled with a half
white half black circle, to the right of the mute icon.  You can also use
the light bulb knob located in the same vicinity to control the illumination
intensity.

Also, the different illuminations are are dark, blue, red, and blue+red=purple.
http://techgage.com/article/saitek_eclipse_ii_illuminated_keyboard/

Khoa