Re: Fedora/RH policies sometimes suck

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Ed Greshko wrote:

Anne Wilson wrote:

No-one is answering the question.  Forget the OpenOffice fixation.  The
question is 'How do we know which of Fedora's packages have been altered in
this way?'  OpenOffice would be one, but there are others.  Totem comes to
mind, and I'd guess that there are lots more.  As Les remarked, it could be
indicated in the package name.

The answer is, you don't know unless the maintainer has noted the "local"
changes made.

Then Fedora should enforce there package maintainers to add the appropriate information about stripped code.

--
 21:50:04 up 2 days,  9:07,  0 users,  load average: 0.92, 0.37, 0.18