Re: why does the system often get restarted automaticlly?

Ed Greshko wrote:
yz wang wrote:
It often crashes or restarts. The latest restarting occurs while only 3 web browsers are open. How can I solve this problem? Thanks!
Whenever this has happened to me (no log entries or hints) it has always been a power supply going bad.

I can second that. Just last week, one of my servers, an IBM X-Series 255, was having a similar problem. Nothing much was gained from the log files but the LPD (Light Path Diagnostics) panel indicated a problem with power. It turned out to be a faulty power module.
OS was RHEL 4 (Nahant Update 3).

--
Regards
विवेक ज. पाटणकर (Vivek J. Patankar)