Fedora and the "normal" user

Hi,

I am considering to remove all Windows apps on my staff’s computers and replace it with Fedora. The main things they use are email, web, chat, word processing etc. I know all these are supported in Fedora, and I do like how they work (using them my self mostly, unless I am using this computer that has windows installed).

Is there anyone here who has enforced usage of Fedora on your staff’s computers where the staff has pretty low computer experience etc. I assume I just need to give them time to get used to it.

Would you recommend them to use GNOME or KDE?

What is the main concern about a Windows -> Fedora transform for “normal” people? My feeling is that most people using Fedora are of higher computer experience.

Would you let your mum use Fedora instead of and Win XP machine? (assume that you installed it properly for her).

Best regards,

Peter Lauri