Re: How to play an audio CD?

Claude Jones wrote:
On Fri March 23 2007, Bob Goodwin wrote:
Ok, thanks for the info but I have already determined that the new cd
drive I installed in the grandson's computer failed!  It will not work
with the original Windows 2000 [required for games] or FC6, a spare
drive I have does work.

Wait! Bob, if I recall you're the guy who has some vision issues. Did you get someone to check the jumpers on the new CD drive? I've never had a CD fail to work in a slot where another was working that wasn't caused by mis-jumpering. If you bought a brand new CD drive, chances are good it came jumpered as CS - check the back of the drive that works, put your jumper on the new drive on the same pins that the jumper is using in your working drive - I bet that will get it going.

   /Not to worry Claude, I took the drives out and with my magnifier I
   can deal with things like that.  I tried CS, etc., different cables,
   one drive works, the other doesn't, I also had a third that would
   not open it's "cup holder," verified it was bad and tossed it.  The
   bad one is in warranty and I saved the sales slip./

   /Next to try and breath life into Windows 2000 pro/ntfs again, an
   effort I am ill equipped for but will attempt the "repair" function
   next, whatever that does.  The twins can't live without their
   games.  I did the right thing when I included an FC6 partition for
   troubleshooting!/

   /Thanks./

   /Bob Goodwin/