Re: How to play an audio CD?

On Fri March 23 2007, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> Ok, thanks for the info but I have already determined that the new cd
> drive I installed in the grandson's computer failed!  It will not work
> with the original Windows 2000 [required for games] or FC6, a spare
> drive I have does work.

Wait! Bob, if I recall you're the guy who has some vision issues. Did you get
someone to check the jumpers on the new CD drive? I've never had a CD fail to
work in a slot where another was working that wasn't caused by mis-jumpering.
If you bought a brand new CD drive, chances are good it came jumpered as CS -
check the back of the drive that works, put your jumper on the new drive on
the same pins that the jumper is using in your working drive - I bet that
will get it going.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA