Re: How to play an audio CD?

On Fri March 23 2007 11:20:45 am Bob Goodwin wrote:
>     /Not to worry Claude, I took the drives out and with my
> magnifier I can deal with things like that.

At nearly 60, I have to resort to a very bright light and a
magnifier all the time - know the drill well

> I tried CS, etc.,
> different cables, one drive works, the other doesn't, I also
> had a third that would not open it's "cup holder," verified it
> was bad and tossed it.  The bad one is in warranty and I saved
> the sales slip./

OK - just offered that because it has bit me a few times

>     /Next to try and breath life into Windows 2000 pro/ntfs
> again, an effort I am ill equipped for but will attempt the
> "repair" function next, whatever that does.  The twins can't
> live without their games.  I did the right thing when I
> included an FC6 partition for troubleshooting!/

The first repair message isn't of much use unless you created
repair disks - it will ask for them - one of the other options
in that first drill gets you to a dos prompt, where you can
attempt various things. If you click past that first repair
offering, as I recall, when the actual install begins, you will
get a "Looking for previous Windows installations", and if it
finds yours, it will offer to repair. I've had success with that
repair option on many occasions. It will revert your OS to a
basic unpatched version of Win2k - you'll then have re-apply all
the service packs and patches, but the good thing about that
method is that it saves all your settings and preserves all your
program links and such. You will find that your dual boot is
gone when you're done and you will have to provide the
registration key during the process. You can rewrite grub after
you're all done by booting with your FC6 disk and going into
rescue mode - but, you probably already knew that.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, Md, USA