Re: Laptop recomendations

** ThinkPad **

I have always had the best luck getting things to run out of the box
w/ Thinkpads.  Well built as mentioned. I love that rubber coating.
Also, I think they are the easiest to find replacement parts or to
take apart if you have to fix things.  Lots of lease returns available
online. I have a Toshiba now which has some serious design flaws and
needs to be taken apart to have the heat sink cleaned every 6 months.
I have about a dozen extra parts left over every time I take it apart.
At least it is getting lighter.

On 3/13/07, Claude Jones <claude_jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue March 13 2007, Gérard Milmeister wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 23:44 -0500, Claude Jones wrote:
> > One thing I never got to work was the modem - did you have any luck in
> > that regard?
>
> Habe you tried slmodem-alsa?

I did - but that was a long time ago, when I knew much less

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA