Re: F-Spot

Dotan Cohen wrote:
On 11/03/07, Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 12:31:09AM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I see that the newest F-Spot, 0.3.5, is available in Rawhide. Would it
> be unwise for me to temporarily enable the rawhide repos to install
> this package? Or would I be better off just building from the tarball
> (or SVN)? Any other options?

How stable do you want your system to be? I've been running rawhide on my
desktop for a long time now, and if you don't mind occasionally having to
diagnose a problem like "hey, the kernel doesn't boot now" or "my
gnome-terminals hang whenver I switch desktops", it works great. :)

Now that I have a lappy the box in question is mainly for the wife's
usage. So it must be relatively stable. I'll be performing the updates
(not automatic) so I'll be there if something goes wrong. It's not a
production machine or anything.

I'd consider Rawhide if there were a lot of new features, but not for
just F-Spot. I'll build from SVN.

Thanks.

Dotan Cohen

If your wife is like mine, then this machine has higher requirements than any production machine. I get slapped across the head when something goes wrong with my wifes machine. :)

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
   anything that is a priority, please phone.