Re: Where are all the updates gone?

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Res wrote:

Some of those "user opinions" came from @redhat.com addresses, I actually don't take any notice of @anydomain.blah posters, as they are just like I, posting a personal opinion, but when you post with @redhat.com, it is next best thing to an official comment.

Not really. Red Hat folks have personal opinions just like anyone else.

Then they should not have made the comments they did at the time purporting to be official

If I use my postmaster address and email someone saying they are a f'wit, but on my own time, there's no distinction, I AM posting officially. Unless you took the time to read what they said, you should comment no further as you are just 'putting it out there' or grandstanding.

If you are so interested in lilo, step up and maintain it. Nothing is preventing you from doing that. It is the same for every single package that

Really, redhat folk at the time differed, at no time did they say it was removed because of lack of maintainer, again you clearly have not bothered to take the time to search for and read the threads, so you are in effect just venting air, without knowing or bothering with the facts, when you come back and quote what I and they said, then you can offer an opinion i'll take seriously, until then, I have no interest in running round in circles with you, because you are just expressiong your personal opinion on the matters.

--
Cheers
Res

"comp.mail.sendmail nntp-email gateway @ http://ecartis.ausics.net";