Re: ESR: Goodbye Fedora

At 01:01 23/02/2007, you wrote:

Tim wrote:

If everyone has that attidude, things are likely to stay that way. I'd much
rather see people pushing Ogg and including links to download players and
plugins similar to the ones for Adobe's products, than try to get (nonfree)
licensed copies into all of the base distributions.
I'd like that, too.  But it's hamstrung by a few factors:
People with personal/portable playback hardware, that they want to keep,
that won't play ogg.  So they'll get all their music in one format that
works on everything that they have.
Publishers not wanting to supply files without DRM.  And, no, I don't
want ogg to support that crap.

If Lucent goes crazy suing all the people who though they had licensed MP3 technology, ogg might catch on real fast.

http://news.com.com/Microsoft+hit+with+1.5+billion+patent+verdict/2100-1030_3-6161480.html?tag=nefd.lede

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx