Re: Errors with creating rpm for yacas

On 2/14/07, Todd Zullinger <tmz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks, Todd. I tend to think that the problem is caused by
>
> 'find: /tmp/yacas-1.0.63-root/usr/lib/debug: No such file or directory'
>
> but I do not know how to remove it.

No, that shouldn't cause any problems (at least, it isn't the cause of
the problem here.  The find is just part of creating a debuginfo rpm
and it's not terrible if it fails, though it may mean there is
something else that needs tweaked with the build or spec so that a
proper debuginfo can be created.

I am fairly certain that the main problem is that the files listed are
present in the buildroot but are not listed in the %files section of
your spec.  Perhaps if you post a link to the spec file you're working
with someone here can provide further guidance.

Thanks again, Todd. The spec file is below.

Paul

# yacas.spec.  Generated from yacas.spec.in by configure.

%define prefix /usr

Name: yacas
Version: 1.0.63
Release: 1
Group: Applications/Math
Copyright: GPL

Source: http://www.xs4all.nl/~apinkus/yacas-1.0.63.tar.gz
BuildRoot: /tmp/yacas-1.0.63-root

%description
Yacas (Yet Another Computer Algebra System) is a small and highly flexible
computer algebra language. The syntax uses a infix-operator grammar
parser. The distribution contains a small library of mathematical
functions, but its real strength is in the language in which you can
easily write your own symbolic manipulation algorithms. It supports
arbitrary precision arithmetic.

%prep

%setup

%build
CXXFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS" ./configure --prefix=%{prefix} --enable-server
make

%install
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
make install-strip prefix=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{prefix}

%clean
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

%files
%defattr(-,root,root)