Re: Errors with creating rpm for yacas

Paul Smith wrote:
> rpmbuild -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/yacas.spec

I hope that you've changed the permissions on /usr/src/redhat to allow
a user account to write there so that you don't build as root.  There
is much good information around on doing this.  One new source is the
draft at:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/BuildingPackagesGuide

> but I am getting the errors below. Any ideas? I may be needing to
> install the development tools.

The errors below indicate that the %files section of the spec file are
not complete.  You want to add the files listed there to the %files
section.  You can use wildcards do avoid having to enter them all.

The rpm-guide has further info in the chapter on "Filling the List of
Files."  See the main rpm-guide page here:

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/drafts/rpm-guide-en/

The gods are too fond of a joke.
    -- Aristotle (384-322 BC)