Re: Question about DST changes in the US

Michael Klinosky wrote:
Ian:
Just off the cuff: If your system is set to use UTC, local time and changes will be applied when Fedora boots.

NTP-aware systems shouldn't have any problem - correct? (I figure that the time servers will change on the new days.)

I checked ntp.org and the timeservers site - didn't mention anything about the new dates.

Ntp and fedora always run in UTC which doesn't change for local DST variations. The tzdata info is used for conversions to display localtime using the local conventions for the user's timezone.

--
  Les Mikesell
  lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx