Re: Playing audio CDs no longer works. (FIXED)

Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 15:57 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
On Friday 09 February 2007 15:42, Aaron Konstam wrote:
you are right xmms can play the cd's but only if you pretend they are
mounted or actually mount them which is noot normally what happens to
audio CD when you place them in a CD drive.

XMMS is what I normally use to play my CDs, and I don't mount them. In fact, I don't think you *can* mount an audio CD.

What exactly do you do, when you say you mount them?
I misspoke you don't mount audio CDs but in xmms you need to specify the device and the mount point of the CD. So that is a little hokey in my opinion. But it does play CDs.

AFAICT that interface is meant to provide a filesystem-like
way of adding tracks, as if (from XMMS's point of view) they
were mounted.  Seems quite logical since you can put it
alongside music on the hard-disc rather than needing to do
something different to add tracks.  As it can display track
names rather than "track 1" "track 2" etc.

So does grip on my machine if I execute:
grip --device=/dev/hdc
but not: grip %d in the GUI slot.

Surely that should be "grip --device=%d"

--
imalone