Re: Playing audio CDs no longer works. (FIXED)

On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 15:57 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 09 February 2007 15:42, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> >
> > you are right xmms can play the cd's but only if you pretend they are
> > mounted or actually mount them which is noot normally what happens to
> > audio CD when you place them in a CD drive.
> >
> XMMS is what I normally use to play my CDs, and I don't mount them. In fact, I
> don't think you *can* mount an audio CD.
>
> What exactly do you do, when you say you mount them?
I misspoke you don't mount audio CDs but in xmms you need to specify the device and
the mount point of the CD. So that is a little hokey in my opinion. But it does play CDs.

So does grip on my machine if I execute:
grip --device=/dev/hdc
but not: grip %d
in the GUI slot.

Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>