Re: Playing audio CDs no longer works. (FIXED-NOT!)

>Just to add to my frustration, CD's will not play again. On the first CD
>drive no audio CD is found.
>On the second CD drive CD is found and palys but no sound. As you can
>imagine I am not happy.
>--
>Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >

Which drive is that little 3 pin analog cable plugged into?

There is also a plugin for xmms "xmms-cdread"

This is the input plugin needed to play audio CDs digitally, i.e. without a
connecting cable between the CD drive and sound card.

Or just mount the audio tracks:

http://trappist.elis.ugent.be/~mronsse/cdfs/

and play them:

sox /mnt/cdfs/track-1.wav -t ossdsp /dev/dsp

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ