Re: OT router help

linuxmaillists@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have wired router A (linksys BEFSX41 latest firmware) and
> connected to it are computers A (FC6), B (FC6) & C (FC6)
> and wireless router B (linksys WRT54G latest firmware) with
> wireless computer D (WinXP Home) connecting to it.  I have
> googled with no luck finding my solution.  I can access the
> web interface on wired router A from computers A, B or C.
> What I can't figure out how to do is access the web
> interface of wireless router B from computers A, B or C.  I
> can access the web interface on router B with computer D.
> What I want is to be able to communicate across the two
> routers and the computers connected on each router.  Can
> some one point me in the right direction to resolve this?

How is router B connected to router A? If you are using the WAN port
on router B to connect to router A, then the only way you will be
able to access the WEB interface is if you have remote
administration enabled on router B.

I don't know the specs on the Linksys WRT54G off hand, but I think
it is a 4 port router as well as wireless. What you may want to do
is configure it as an access point, and connect one of the LAN ports
to router A. You will then be able to access the WEB configuration
page. It will have a different IP address - you can ether set it in
the configuration, or have router A assign one. One thing to be
careful about when using this setup is to only have a DHCP server
running on one of the routers. The normal setup is to have it
running on router A. (The one connected to the Internet.)

Mikkel