Re: Playing audio CDs no longer works. (FIXED)

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 15:40 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 08 February 2007 15:26, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> >
> > All my channels are set to max. Your answer makes little sense since you
> > were the one who said to do this several months ago.
>
> Exactly.
>
> > And the driver
> > clearly is installed. Please explain.
> >
> It wasn't before, according to you.  And if you said 'no' it would not get
> installed.

> > > Different sources use different mixer channels.  Simple.
> >
> > Again it was not the sound that did not work it was the program to play
> > CDs that could not find the CD. So again I don't understand your
> > explanation.
> >
> You'd confuse anyone, Aaron :-)  Your statement above appears to be saying
> that you had sound when listening to CNN, but not when listening to audio
> CDs, hence my reply.
>
> Anne
I will try this one more time since you seem like a nice and helpful
person.

1. My sound worked since I could listen to NPR, video sound, etc.
2. Therefore my sound drivers were installed.
3. All my alsa channels were set to the max so my not hearing the test
sound could not be because the channels were not high enough in volume.
4. I could not listen to CDs not because of sound not working but
because the programs could not find the audio CD.
5. That running the sound configuration GUI would make the programs be
able to find the audio CD makes no sense but that is what happened.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>