Re: yum-updatesd is totally broken

Craig White wrote:
> I would expect that an updated yum-updatesd on a system with a
> functioning rpm database should work as expected.

On my machines, both rpm and yum work fine.  I know this both
from running yum manually and because I run it out of cron and
/var/log/yum.log shows new updates coming down.

My /etc/yum/yum-updatesd.conf file is identical to yours except for
the notifications, which I've tried to switch to email.
	emit_via = email
	email_to = danny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
	email_from = root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

But I've never received notifications from yum-updatesd, nor does it
appear to ever install any packages.

I'll give it one more go -- I've commented out the current cron job
on my work desktop and done a
	service yum-updatesd start
and I'll see what happens.

Danny.