RE: yum-updatesd is totally broken

On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 09:42 -0500, Kevin H. Hobbs wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 06:55 -0500, fedora-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Same here...once I did the original yum update, it has worked
> > automatically since then.
>

> I updated yum-updatesd and yum before my last attempt to run
> yum-updatesd. I don't know if that was before the 2007-Jan-15 update of
> yum-updatesd. For me all it's done is leak a lot of memory, and I don't
> know if it was the fault of yum-updatesd, but my rpm database has become
> corrupted on each computer at least once.
>
> There is very little in common on the computers that I've tried
> yum-updatesd on: x86 vs. x86_64, fresh install vs. upgraded for ever,
> and so on. The only think that 's the same on them is that they both use
> software RAID ( there's no reason that should mess up anything ).
----
issues of rpm database corruption and yum-updatesd service running are
separate except for yum-updatesd expects you to have a working rpm
database and failing that, I can see where yum-updatesd is not gonna be
happy (though it still shouldn't leak memory).

Indeed with FC-6 we have had rpm db corruption at the levels unseen
since RHL 8.0

I would expect that an updated yum-updatesd on a system with a
functioning rpm database should work as expected.

Craig