Re: FC6 through the rear view mirror - the firefox puzzle

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 17:53 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> If I had infinite time I could search the list of 100's(?) of config
> items on the list at that web site to find the one that would do what
> this does. I asked this list at least four times how I could see and
> change the items in the Download window and until recently no one could
> answer. Admit it did you know that this config item would do this? I
> would bet not. But many times on this list people have asked how they
> could configure their firefox plugins and handling application. If you
> don't know about this config option you are flying blind. I don't know
> why anyone would distribute a browser configured this way. Mozilla knows
> better since this defect is not present in mozilla. It seems to me if
> this was pointed out to the Fedora they would see the wisdom of changing
> this configuration
----
I'm not sure that I agree with your conclusion but I definitely think
that the way to go about this is to create a bugzilla entry as a request
for enhancement (which you did), and use this list (and perhaps others)
to ask others to sign on to your RFE by linking the bugzilla number and
if the ground swell is sufficient, it is likely going to happen.

Craig