Re: FC6 through the rear view mirror - a truth

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 09:43 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 03:07 -0800, Les wrote:

> > > ----
> > > huh?
> > >
> > > As a user, it installs plugins in your user directory
> > >
> > > Craig
> > >
> > Or ~/.mozilla/plugins or /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins or ....?  As someone
> > just starting with Fedora Core 6, I had a difficult time getting the
> > plugins installed and working, and then two time later updates messed me
> > up, and the last time I am not sure what messed it up.  But because I am
> > using my old 466Mhz Celeron with 256Mb of memory I don't want to waste
> > developers time with a bugzilla against this old, slow, memory
> > constrained system (even though it is more powerful that the CRAY that
> > was used in the 60's.)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Les H
> >
> Now I will tell you a secret. If you go into about:config you will see
> that the configuration:
> browser.download.hide_plugins_without_extensions is set as true by
> default. Only when it is set to false can you see what you want to see
> it the: Edit->Preferences->downloads->view & Edit Actions.
> With this set as true you are flying blind with plugins.  Why does not
> fedora distribute this with the configuration set properly. Hos wold you
> know about this.
----
the problem with your rant is that you have done any research to
validate your argument.

browser.download.hide_plugins_without_extensions is set to 'true' as
default on all distributions of Firefox - whether Linux, Macintosh or
Windows

Of course you can continue ranting about this if you wish - it's just
not going to do any good unless it is somehow cathartic for you.

Craig