Re: FC6 through the rear view mirror - the firefox puzzle

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 17:12 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 17:53 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
>
> > If I had infinite time I could search the list of 100's(?) of config
> > items on the list at that web site to find the one that would do what
> > this does. I asked this list at least four times how I could see and
> > change the items in the Download window and until recently no one could
> > answer. Admit it did you know that this config item would do this? I
> > would bet not. But many times on this list people have asked how they
> > could configure their firefox plugins and handling application. If you
> > don't know about this config option you are flying blind. I don't know
> > why anyone would distribute a browser configured this way. Mozilla knows
> > better since this defect is not present in mozilla. It seems to me if
> > this was pointed out to the Fedora they would see the wisdom of changing
> > this configuration
> ----
> I'm not sure that I agree with your conclusion but I definitely think
> that the way to go about this is to create a bugzilla entry as a request
> for enhancement (which you did), and use this list (and perhaps others)
> to ask others to sign on to your RFE by linking the bugzilla number and
> if the ground swell is sufficient, it is likely going to happen.
>
> Craig

Ok it is bug # 227405. I did not mark it RFE . That was a mistake but it
is clear from the text of the bug that is what I want. Anyone who agrees
that the configuration of firefox should be changed in the way indicated
please add your 2 cents to the bug report.
To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. -- Thomas
Edison