Re: Can Evolution be used to access yahoo mail?

Anyone ever get google to work with multiple POP clients? A use case
example could be: 1 work machine and 1 home machine pulling down the
same email.

Google's pop access works fine to a single client. But not to two
clients. They mark what was downloaded on the server-side which is
contrary to the behavior of traditional POP client-server
relationships. At least that is my understanding. I assume this is
still the behavior, though I haven't tried for some time. This is one
of my big complaints to google and I filed a bug about a year ago
concerning it. I assume it is intentional to cut down on abuse, but it
is annoying.

Anyway. Google's implementation of POP support doesn't (or at least
didn't) work like traditional services. I finally gave up and just use
their web interface, which is very nice. I just can't read email
offline. Things may be different now but it doesn't sound like it.

-todd

--
Stressed out in Raleigh, NC?
Monica's Massage and Bodywork: http://www.monicasmassage.net/