Re: VMWare repo

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007, Dotan Cohen wrote:

On 06/02/07, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If it helps any, I can vouch for that site.  They do a great job and they
are frequently mentioned on the VMware forums.

Allright, then, I'm game. I'm running the runme.pl script now, and
I've gotten to this:
The default port : 902 is not free. We have selected a suitable alternative
port for VMware Server use. You may override this value now.
Remember to use this port when connecting to this server.
Please specify a port for remote console connections to use [904]

WARNING: VMware Server has been configured to run on a port different from the
default port. Remember to use this port when connecting to this server.
Unable to find any instance of the super-server "inetd" or "xinetd".  It is
possible that you do not have one of these packages installed on this machine.
Please install "inetd" or "xinetd".

If you do have "inetd" or "xinetd" installed, make sure that /etc/inetd.conf or
/etc/xinetd.d exists.
The configuration will continue, but you should re-run
/usr/bin/vmware-config.pl after you fix the super-server.

Hit enter to continue.

So, I'll remember port 904 if need be. But what should I do about
inetd and/or xinetd? Yum them? (I didn't yet check if they are
available)

$ rpm -q xinetd
xinetd-2.3.14-8

If you don't have it, yum for it. It's possible that it was not installed originally if you did not install any package that requires it.

Are you running something that listens on port 902?

$ grep 902 /etc/services
ideafarm-chat   902/tcp                         # IDEAFARM-CHAT
ideafarm-chat   902/udp                         # IDEAFARM-CHAT

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu