Re: VMWare repo

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007, Dotan Cohen wrote:

Does anyone know of a repo where one could aquire VMWare player and
tools for FC6? All the instructions that I've found for installing
VMWare products involve messing around with the kernel, something that
I'd rather not do.

vmware.com. I have VMware Workstation in RPM form (and it includes the player), so I imagine there is an RPM for the player alone.

The VMware player config program builds kernel modules, but there is no other kernel messing around necessary. Install the RPM, run vmware-config.pl (probably the same for the player as for Workstation), and you should be in business. You will need kernel-devel and you may need a patch file (http://ftp.cvut.cz/vmware/vmware-any-any-*), though my player runs fine without it.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu