Re: Reporting bugs. (Re: FC6 through the rear view mirror)

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 11:05 +0200, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 03:35 -0500, Ric Moore wrote:
> > On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 13:15 +0200, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> > >
> > > Forgive my bluntness, but if you are not looking to start a rant
> thread,
> > > what exactly -are- you trying to achieve?
> >
> > He's airing how he feels, is this not allowed?
>
> In my view, this is a gray area.
> E.g. (Bad example, I know), Freedom of speech is almost absolute - but
> you are not allowed to shout fire in a crowded theater.
>

> > > You refuse to report the bugs in an organize fashion.
> >
> > When it comes to non-supported issues, he can't.
>
> Non-supported issues?
Type reference is to firefox which was claims not to be a Fedora
product. Of course neither is gnome nor open office. I think he is wrong
and I have filed three buzillas in these issues in the last day.

> > > You mix software and hardware problems.
> >
> > Trouble shooting with a shotgun, it happens and is part of a very
> severe
> > learning curve to use linux of any flavor. I've asked so many
> ignorant
> > questions for years, that I had quite a few answers stored up. Got a
> job
> > at RedHat with out any formal training at all. I learned at the
> suffrage
> > of others to whom I will be eternally grateful. I'm sure you did as
> > well. So, we all suffer a little to pay back by paying forward.
>
> I may be wrong (and God knows I'm human), but parts of his posts (up
> the
> thread) seemed to suggest that:
> A. Fedora (as a project) owes him something.
> B. We (as in the community) owe him something.
> C. We have all failed him.
>
> While C may nor may not be valid, A and B has no business being aired
> in
> a -community- driven project.
I enjoy the myth of calling Fedora a community driven project. It is a
project driven by the people who run Fedora. I have yet to see any
suggestion made by the Fedora list community accepted by Fedora
developers, but I am not on the fedora-developers list so I may have
missed it. It was Fedora that has failed me by giving me the FC6
distribution that exhibits problems not found on any other previous
Fedora or Red Hat distribution. It is annoying to take 5 months to
figure out how to deal with the problems of a distribution that is
created anew every 6 or 7 months. But I admit it is educational.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>