Re: VMWare repo

Dotan Cohen wrote:
On 06/02/07, Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 06/02/07, Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Dotan,
>>
>> did you install "vmware-any-any-update107.tar.gz" from
>> "http://ftp.cvut.cz/vmware/"; ?
>>

> No, everything came from the rpm.

Then you should try to install it. It helps sometimes after installing new kernels.

I'm a bit wary about installing software from that site. I've nothing
against the Czech Technical University, but I'm not sure who runs that
site or maintains the software. I'd like to stick with well-known and
trusted repositories. Thanks.

If it helps any, I can vouch for that site. They do a great job and they are frequently mentioned on the VMware forums.

--
Your computer's union contract is set to expire at midnight.