Re: Stellarium text problem

On 06/02/07, Gueckel, P. <gueckelp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On February 5, 2007, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Thanks. I switched it to "en" and I can read the text. Some
> constallation names are still boxes, but now I can at least navigate
> the program. Thank you very much.

You ought to be able to get the constellation names into english as well. In
the leftmost configuration tab (or in the localization in the config.ini)
next to the program language is another setting for skymap language, or some
such name. Change that to english and the stars should acquire their english
names.

It won't be Hebrew, but at least it will be usable. Boxes does not look good.
Makes you feel like something's not working right. I am sure you can find a
setting that will work with your system. You might have to install some
Western European fonts. Likely dejavu-lgc-fonts should suffice.

Yes, switching the Sky locale to "en" helped. It's actually nice that
that it seperate from the UI locale. Next, I'll try different values
of home_planet!

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/455/soul_decision.html
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/xml.html