Re: Stellarium text problem

On February 5, 2007, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I'd like to use the Stellarium program on my FC6 installation.
> However, all the letters appear as squares. Now, my locale is Hebrew,
> and I'm not sure if that's causing the problem. Maybe Stellarium is
> trying to use a Hebrew translation of it's interface and failing?
> Maybe it's an encoding issue? How can I diagnos this?

I jsut booted up Stellarium. Between Italiano and Latvieso, there are 2
languages listed on my system that appear as boxes. I don't have hebew
istalled, I am relatively certain. Hebrew, if supported by Stellarium, is
likely one of these 2.

Go into stellarium setup and look on the first (left) setup tab and check
under Program Language and set it there.

If you cannot determine it, becasue they are all boxes, then try the
following.

In your /home/.stellarium directory you should find a config.ini file. Open it
in kwrite and scroll down to [localization]. Where is says app_locale =, you
will put the abbreviation for hebrew (he, maybe?). save and restart
stellarium.

That's all he knows. Hope it helps. :-)

--
Peter Gückel