Re: [Fedora] Re: Remote VNC install

Heh, I may be stuck again. The installation ran fine and when I hit Reboot at the end, I was disconnected, as I would expect... However, the machine has yet to go down and reboot. It's been over 10 minutes now. I can still ping it's IP, and nmap tells me that both ports 5901 and 6001 are open (X11 and vnc) however I can no longer connect to vnc. At this point I'll just have to let it sit there till Monday since there's no one there anymore...no monkey to push a button again.

   Anyone have any idea why it would be stuck, and/or on what?

The saving grace here is that since it hasn't rebooted yet, it also hasn't configured any public interfaces, so it's still only visible on the local network and (fairly) safe from external attacks. Had it rebooted properly and for some reason not allowed me to reconnect, then I'd be a bit more concerned. Oh well, live and learn.

--
H | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
 Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley@xxxxxxxxxx>   .   303.442.6410 x130