Re: The Case of the Missing Characters, revisited

On February 2, 2007, jdow wrote:
> Unfortunately the layouts that I like end up looking like they want to have
> wheels
> mounted on them for use as skateboards. I have to protect them from
> teenagers.
> (Fortunately, that is no big problem.)
>
> {^_-}

What I'd really like is at least the pc105 international keyboard, but the
keys arranged alphabetically. Having the letters all mixed up has taken me 30
years to get to 40 words a minute!

I think the days and usefulness of the old don't look while you type 10-finger
typing are passé, since with computers you always have to shift your hands
from the mouse to the keyboard and back again, and you're not copying from a
text, but usually writing what's in your head, so it doesn't come at any set
speed and there is generally a great need to back up, retype, revise, etc,
etc.

On February 1, 2007, Claude Jones wrote:
> KMail has some pretty powerful tools for configuring and managing multiple
> email accounts, and it takes some learning. Let's assume you've created a
> filter in Kmail to send all your fedora-list traffic into a subfolder.
> Let's assume you've also set up a number of identities (I set up a separate
> identity for each email account, and configure the sigs differently for
> example); you could then right click on that folder, and in the properties
> for that folder, you could choose which identity would be used for all
> replies to mail originating from that folder. Now, that's just scratching
> the surface...

I'm just beginning to experiment with some of these ideas... about having
separate directories and using filters, etc. It is way cool and really works,
too! I made subfolders under inbox for each identity and defined filters.
Will see in the next few days how this turns out.

--
kwhiskers{