The Case of the Missing Characters, revisited

I have noticed that when I am typing, the letters v,b,f,g,r,t,4,5 do not always type, making it very difficult to write emails and enter commands.

The curious thing, as I just ascertained a moment ago, is that the missing characters all line up diagonally on the keyboard.

I am using the pc105 character german keyboard setting with all dead keys, and have the system set to use utf-8, which is the default.

I have also enabled the xkbd compose key option on the useless key to the left of the right ctrl key.

This has only occurred 2 or 3 times in the last 2 weeks.

Could there be some problem with keysim mappings or something?

I thought that, since the keys all line up, that there could be a problem with the keyboard, but someone else reported the problem on fedoraforum about 2 weeks ago.

kwhiskerz{

Stay up-to-date with your friends through the Windows LiveT Spaces friends list. Check it out!