Re: Beagle

On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 22:04 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Are you saying every user needs his own instance and each will index
> all files accessible by that that user?  That doesn't sound very
> efficient for a multiuser system.

Hmm, dunno about that, unless you're hoping for some compression
efficiencies in the cataloging.  If you had three users which end up
with 1 megs worth of catalogs each, versus three users which each put 1
meg into a global catalog, you're still using 3 megs worth of disk
space.  Though, you mightn't want several indexing processes running all
the time, unless they really had a minimal load on the system.

I read messages from the public lists.