Re: Beagle

On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 21:08 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > given the subject of beagle which is designed to crawl and index all
> > available filesystems and file content makes it a rather poor candidate
> > for superuser usage.
> >
> You lost me there...   I'd expect superuser rights to be absolutely
> necessary for
> something that needs access to all parts of the filesystem.
----
If the tools are designed to run in user space, what is the point of
indexing stuff that isn't accessible in user space?

To clarify the point that seems confusing as pointed out in your
question, on a Linspire system where the user is superuser, beagled
would clearly run as root. On a Fedora system where superuser login to
GUI is discouraged, beagle indexing everything for the superuser only
would be rather pointless.

Craig