Re: Croquet

There is also supposed to be a newest beta version of
nVidia drivers to fix broken libGL handling, so it might not be on their
end what's broken.

Hmm...

So, I cruised over the rpm.livna.org and checked it out. It's supposed
to be in /testing. I dunno if I have the guts to try it or not! <grins>
Anyone familiar with the newest beta nVidia driver and which one do you
use? There are some unfamiliar names there. I have no clue.

I'm using the 'NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-9746-pkg1.run' package (today) - I
usually grab the latest stable release whenever there's a kernel
update.

I just peeked at livna's package:
#yum --enablerepo=livna-testing search nvidia
kmod-nvidia.i686                         1.0.9742-1.2.6.18_1.28 livna-testing

Looks like the latest stable release - 1.0-9746 - is later than both
Nvidia's beta driver, and Linva's testing driver...?

I'll pang away on it some more. It's also having a problem with ports,
it'll grab updates, but it won't connect to the world servers. They do
have a bugzilla with a bunch of linux bug-reports listed. But, if you
have tried the beta linux client version of Secondlife, it's a mind
blower. That runs out of the box and you will really see something if
you try it. It's free. Ric

Aside from fiddling with the sound, SL runs nearly perfectly.  If
that's alpha software, it's going to end up one hell of a client!

Good luck,
Chris