Re: Missing define?

Ed Greshko wrote:
> Larry Phillips wrote:
>
>> Oh! I thought I had a 486 om my Dell machine. I guess it can't be,
>> because Fedora Core 3 is happily running on it. Unfortunately I
>> can't confirm this, because I have no idea how to query the
>> processor type from the OS, and it doesn't seem to want to stop at
>> the BIOS when I hit F10 on power-up.
>
> I never ran FC3.  So, I don't know if it used /proc.  If it does, you can
> always type "cat /proc/cpuinfo".

I skipped over FC3, but /proc has been around for a long time,
definitely way before Fedora. :)

Other ways to get the archetecture are 'arch' or 'uname -m'.  I'm sure
there are plenty of others.

Politicians are interested in people. Not that this is always a
virtue.  Fleas are interested in dogs.
    -- P.J. O'Rourke