Missing define?

I hope I'm in the right place for this. I am working on a port of a Windows program, and am having some problems. I expected to have to write a number of system calls from scratch, but my problems are far more basic than that.

I am running Fedora Core 3, and trying to compile the program with gcc.

1. time_t does not seem to be defined anywhere in /usr/include/, yet it is used in a fair number of include files.

2. size_t is only defined in malloc.h, which is not included (according to makedepend) by any of the headers that get included by my code. From what I know, which isn't much, I thought I'd find it in stddef.h or cstddef.h

Ami I overlooking something simple?

Larry